Saturday, November 10, 2007

So Sad and Be Sure To Floss!

It was so sad yesterday. I went outside in the early afternoon and noticed a big grey tabby cat doing what I thought was sunning in my neighbor's front yard. I said 'hi, kitty' and went on about my business. A few hours later Keith and I were getting ready to go out to eat, it being payday and me being chronically too lazy to cook. The little girl next door was out front with her friend getting real close to this cat. She was saying that there was something wrong with his paw, and sure enough as we got close to the cat he was kind of limping and crawling along. He looked up at our fence like he was going to jump up and make a run for it and then laid back down. We told the girls that there was something wrong with the cat and not to touch it. Keith called animal control and after a lengthy conversation with having to give them the neighbor's name and phone number since we weren't going to be home, they said they would come out as soon as possible. We went to dinner and got back home and checked with the neighbor, and animal control had come and taken the cat away. We think it may have been hit by a car or something and just crawled up onto the lawn. I was glad we weren't home to see the cat being taken away to be put down since we both have such big soft spots for kitties.

Now, on a different note, everyone, be sure to floss your teeth! I am a very lazy flosser but I do brush after every meal. At my last dental visit, no cavities, but 'deep pockets' in my gums, so was advised to see a periodontist. Well, I had my appointment yesterday and now will be having gum surgery to clean out those deep pockets in my gums and also have synthetic bone replacement inserted to replace lost bone. The periodontist explained it really well what happens and why the surgery is necessary, so I'm okay with that. What I'm not so okay with is that even with dental insurance it will cost over $3000.00. Eeeek!

So, this holiday season will be a very lean one, we are going to limit gifts to 25.00 each and that's it. Like my husband says, my gift will be my dental bill getting paid.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I hope the kids washed their hands if they toched the cat. It may be something that they can fix and the kitty will be adopted. I hate going to the dentist. Remember i worked for a periodontist once. The surgery is normally quick. I can't believe that it is going to cost that much though. It seems like a lot.

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

I will make sure Jim reads this one... you are chronically lazy about cooking? He is chronically lazy about flossing and going to the dentist...
Hope the surgery goes ok!
We don't need any Christmas presents (remember, we live on a boat!), so skip us. Well, maybe just a funky necklace that's leftover from the street fair...
your charming sister