Wednesday, August 15, 2007

1000 Items Sold on Etsy

I keep going to my etsy shop and looking at the total items sold, cause I still can't believe that I've hit the 1000 items sold mark. When I first found etsy in May of 2006, I was amazed at some of the sellers who had sold over 1000 items. I found that inspiring and the main reason I opened my etsy shop was seeing that there were actual buyers on the site. I started out very slowly, selling a few things here and there, but as I learned the ropes the orders started increasing in number. Reaching the first 100 in Dec 2006 was a huge thrill. Then reaching 500 a few months ago called for a celebratory dinner out. And now, over 1000 items sold!!
I am starting to feel like a success!

2 comments:

cathy said...

Wow! What an inspiration. Having just started to solder myself, you are one of my favorites on Etsy. Someday I hope to be where you are. Knowing you started out slow and small inspires me to keep practicing until I feel confident enough to sell my own work. Congrats!

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

Congrats on getting to 1000 items! That is great - keeps you away from Mal-wart too! :)
HD