Thursday, August 6, 2015

The World's Most Expensive Doggy Bed

New love seat? Check. New recliner? Check. Dog jumping up into new love seat and new recliner because she can? Check.

Here it is, Millie's new doggy bed. She is only allowed to sit on the side where I've put the blanket. We will see how long that lasts.


I went to Target and found a throw for the recliner after it was delivered yesterday afternoon. Keith suggested putting something over the back of it when he's napping so that he doesn't get the new chair all stained with sweat or whatever the old sofa got stained with so badly. I said, you mean an antimacassar? A what? So I had to show him pictures of crocheted antimacassars and he was like NO, no crochet. No antimacassar, which you can buy a few styles of on Amazon. So I found a nice soft plush type throw for $14.99 and that will have to do for our antimacassar.
Because this is just too too creepy.

The other day I went out back for a bit and I could hear a far away sounding MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW, a bit of a distress type meow, so I started looking around the yard for whoever was meowing, didn't see Buddy anywhere, so looked on top of the patio cover since he'd gotten himself stuck up there once, but no Buddy up there. Then I checked the shed since a few cats have gotten locked in there, but no Buddy. I'm hearing the distress meow over and over again while I'm looking around the yard, and as I'm looking behind the shed see a glimpse of movement on the other side of the fence.

And there is Buddy in our neighbor's yard and how he got over there I'll never know because he has never before attempted to climb the fence. I went and knocked on the neighbor's door but nobody home and her side gate was locked, so good thing Keith was home. I woke him up from his nap to come rescue Buddy. You can't climb the fence because the wood is so old and rotting that it won't hold someone trying to climb over it, so Keith got his trusty drill and unscrewed one of the boards so that Buddy could slip through to our side of the fence. He immediately headed for the water bowl, all that meowing made him very thirsty and who knows how long he'd been meowing before I heard him.

Keith said that he had been out front with him when he'd had the garage door open earlier in the day, so all we can think is that something scared Buddy enough to run and climb over the fence, unfortunately the wrong fence where he ended up in the wrong yard.  Buddy acts tough, but he is just a big old pussy and scares easily. Hence the hiding in the garage each week when the trash truck comes up the street. Also hiding in the garage if the doorbell rings.



1 comment:

DancingMooney said...

Millie is SO cute, and I'm glad you found Buddy and he didn't get lost outside! :)