Tuesday, January 13, 2015

More Doggy Stuff and Peas!

Millie really likes peas. I was eating some the other night and anytime either one of us is eating something she sits and stares, hoping for a handout. After the peas cooled off I put some on a plate for her. At first she just kind of sniffed them and then after I gave her one out of my hand she decided they taste pretty good. I tried her on green beans today but no thanks, she doesn't like green beans.
Peas, yes.

Green beans no.

Those are green beans on the floor in front of her where she spit them out.

I spent most of today working on my Etsy shops, taking pictures and then listing the stuff in the shops. I always feel like I haven't gotten anything done when I spend so much of the day on the computer, unlike yesterday which was laundry and floor vacuuming and floor mopping and grocery shopping.

Keith has been sick with what I hope is just a cold, lots of coughing and not being able to sleep much. He can't take cough syrup when he is working because of the alcohol, so I went to Walgreen's to see if they make any without alcohol and asked for a recommendation from the pharmacist. She told me the best thing is cough drops, honey, and lemonade. Or limeade. Something about the citrus is good for a cold. So, I got him some honey lemon cough drops and some lemonade and got the honey out of the cupboard and told him to start taking spoonfuls of it. I think it helped his cough some but he just called from Barstow and still feels really crappy and couldn't sleep today because of all the coughing and congestion. I told him to go to Urgent Care tomorrow if he still feels bad to make sure it is just a cold and not the flu.

I've never really shopped much at Walgreen's but I got some prescriptions from the dentist filled there since they are right next to my dentist's office and I was impressed with the friendly service. I was even more impressed with the pharmacist taking the time to talk with me about the honey and lemonade thing the other day. Also the extra friendly cashier when I checked out, so I think I'll do more shopping there. Plus you can park real close to the store for us lazy crowded parking lot hating type people.


No comments: