Saturday, March 3, 2012

It Just Might Be

My thyroid that is causing my hair to fall out. I've been taking thyroid meds for the past 3 or 4 years but maybe they aren't doing the job anymore, and after doing further research, thyroid issues do cause hair loss, but it can also be a side effect of the meds. Who knows, but I'm sure my nurse practitioner/doctor lady will send me for blood work to find out for sure. Actually I wouldn't mind all that much if it did all fall out and I could just buy a wig because my hair drives me nuts anyway. I've never been adept at styling it and so it just hangs there. It annoys me so it's usually in a ponytail but I'm too old for ponytails so I wind the ponytail up into a bun. I don't like to pay to get my hair cut so getting something done that needs constant trimming is just not an option.Plus think of the savings in shampoo if I didn't have hair!

My appointment is Wednesday so in another week or so I should find out for sure what's up.

We are having another quiet weekend, Keith is in the garage working on my bed frame- see separate beds post from back a week or so. He is getting way too fancy with it, putting posts on the corners and stuff so it probably won't be done this weekend. I just hope he doesn't lose interest halfway through like so many other projects. The mattress is waiting leaning against the wall in the bedroom after all! And Mimi keeps climbing up it.

He came home from work yesterday convinced that his job is going to be gone soon and from what he says, it's a big possibility. They have enough train cars in the yard to keep them busy for a few months but are not accepting any more cars supposedly due to no room to store them. But, the crew thinks something more sinister is afoot, like once the cars are all repaired the shop will close down. So, he is discouraged and worried about being laid off and is going to start looking for a new job now. He wants to go into the manager's office on Monday and have a meeting but like I told him, if they are going to possibly shut down, they certainly aren't going to tell the crew because they don't want them to quit while there is still work.

Just when we thought we had come through the recession and things were looking up. Isn't that the way it always goes, though?

1 comment:

DancingMooney said...

Oh no! Well hopefully the economy picks up before Keith's place gets shut down! :( It does seem like things are picking up, however quietly...