Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ganging Up for Jesus

I was walking over to the post office and saw not one, not two, but a whole gang of church ladies all dressed up in their Sunday Best with their pocketbooks on one arm and the Bible in the other, knocking on doors recruiting for Jesus.

I went on my way hoping that they would be gone by the time I got back, but no, on my return from the post office they were still running the street and striking fear into the minds of non-believers everywhere.

I slunk carefully around the corner of the block, not daring to make eye contact with the fearsome Church Lady Gang, hoping to dash into the safety of my home before they could attack me with the Holy Bible and The Word of God, beating me over the head with their purses until I was Saved and invited them into my home to study the Good Book with them.

Looking over my shoulder in terror I managed to get inside the house, locked the doors, and closed the blinds. Then I oh so passively aggressively put a please do not disturb sign on the door. I hope it works.

3 comments:

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

I remember when you were pregnant with Jennifer and I would come spend all day Saturday with you and the Jehovah's Witness gang would attack your apartment building. We would close the curtains and hide while they knocked on the door. We would be laughing and almost peeing our pants. Of course you had to pee anyway because you were preggers... Remember that? We used to have a lot of fun!

PussDaddy said...

Too funny.

PussDaddy

Anonymous said...

ha! too funny!

looks like I have a few blog posts to catch up on!

:)