Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth?

Barbecues, parades, red white and blue, fireworks? It's too stinking hot up here for any of that, so we're not doing anything out of the ordinary, but whatever you're doing today, I hope you enjoy it!

I got a nice surprise in the mail the other day (thanks, Mom!), a little cancer awareness bracelet with all of the colors of the beads representing a different cancer. It's sad that there are so many different cancers that we need a rainbow of colors to represent them, but there are few people that cancer hasn't touched in some way. Whether a sister, brother, mother, father, spouse, relative, friend, co-worker, friend of a friend, most of us know someone who has had cancer.

The bracelet is on the stretchy cord so that you don't have to fumble around with a clasp, I like that!
So much more attractive than those rubber cuff type bracelets!

And 5.00 from every bracelet sold goes toward the fight against cancer.

2 comments:

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

I think she got one for me too. CJ had sent one to Linda and that started it. We sure have a lot of colors to represent...

How about buying a kiddie pool and sitting in it in your backyard? John Carter and I used to do that when Donna was at work. It's cold and foggy in San Diego. I could go for a little heat!

Jennifer said...

I saw Linda'a and I have been looking for one too. Now that the picture has the website posted at the bottom I can go look at them!