Sunday, April 26, 2009

Grocery Shopping and Important Questions

Today was grocery day, my most favorite thing to do next to cleaning the shower. I spent a lot of money but also saved a lot because I stocked up on a bunch of stuff that was on sale. We even have some real dinners planned! And, I even made hamburgers for lunch!

Vons had canned fruit on sale for $1.00, so I'm thinking why not buy a bunch of cans and then some little reusable bowl things and make my own fruit snack packs? So, I did, and each snack pack only cost 25c and there's no little plastic tub to throw away.

I'm getting a little smarter and greener here in my quest to save money! Oh, and I also bought cloth napkins this week instead of using paper.

I was reading Star magazine (one of my sometimes guilty pleasures-nothing like seeing who looks like crap without their makeup or who's got the nastiest cellulite in Hollywood) at lunch and there was an article about Nascar driver Danica Patrick in a bikini and about how she has to watch what she eats but also has to think about being in a race car for up to 5 hours and eating enough so she doesn't get hungry. My first thought is forget fueling up on food, what do you do if you have to pee? So, I googled it and apparently lots of other people have this particular worry on their minds also, because a whole bunch of stuff on the subject came up. The best answer was that they do like your mommy always told you AND GO PEE BEFORE THE RACE EVEN IF YOU DON'T THINK YOU HAVE TO GO!

No comments: